Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday James "Jimmy" Stewart

James Maitland  Stewart
(May 20, 1908 - July 2, 1997)

Today would have been Jimmy Stewart's 103rd birthday!! Sorry this post is so late I almost forgot!!
 I love Jimmy Stewart he's one of my favorite actors and I have such a crush on him! I guess the first movie I had ever seen with him had to be "Rear Window" the Alfred Hitchcock classic and one of my favorite movies. I was just a kid when I saw it, I loved the movie, but I guess Jimmy always stayed with me. I also remember not to long ago like back when I was 18 or 19, I would often dream (like in my sleep) that Jimmy Stewart was my boyfriend! hahaha! But you gotta love Jimmy, and how can you not? He's a great actor, charming and handsome and how about that voice of his!! Not only that but he served in WWII and not just  in any branch but the Army Air Force!!! That makes me love him so much more (for two reasons he served his country for the most honorable war and secondly he was in the Air Force, which is my very favorite military branch)!!

Jimmy being awarded

 I'v seen a couple, but not all his films. For instance I've only seen clips of  "It's a Wonderful Life", it's a shame I know. However I have seen "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" and that was fairly recent. My brother saw it in his high school history class and loved it he said "Victoria you have to see this movie!", once I saw it I said, "Well why didn't you tell me it had Jimmy Stewart!" I loved it and I think my brother is a new Stewart fan, we're always quoting the movie and talking about his character.
Amazing!
A clip from 'Mr. Smith'. I love how his character is so sweet, genuine, honorable and completely cute and innocent! (kind of like him I suppose) My brother has such a crush on Saunders (Jean Arthur)

 Any who's I just thought I'd post a Happy Birthday to Mr. Jimmy Stewart, may you rest in peace, I love ya!!
Oh and I love that photo I posted of him, it's so modern he looks like a hipster, haha I love it!

A photo I took of Jimmy's Imprints at the famous and historic Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood

1 comment:

Leave Your Thoughts For Me To Read!