Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunny & Solo

It's a beau-ti-ful day out here in LA!! It's still very warm out, but it's not as hot. The skies are bright blue, the sun is shining and there's a nice breeze! It's my favorite weather and the perfect day for a picnic, bike ride, stroll, quick swim at the beach, pool, or lounge in the back yard, museum, art gallery, anywhere. 
And how I'm a spending it? Alone here at home with the family doing their own thing and me blogging away to you how I wish I was out with a special someone while I listen to some 1920's and 1930s' tunes! How very exciting this summer is (that's sarcasm by the way) and to top it off I start summer school tomorrow at 8 am, lucky me!

The view from my kitchen window today

Ellie & Carl Fredrickson (from the Disney/ Pixar movie Up)
I wish this could be my life right now! With a special someone who just happens to look like the cartoon Morrissey (they don't have to but if they do it's nice), laying at the park staring at clouds, holding hands, having my camera and picnic basket in tow all while both of us are quite stylish too!

This would be the soundtrack for the day:
Michael Giacchino's "Married Life" from the Up Soundtrack. A modern piece of music that's very nostalgic.

Paul Reeves' "Let's Dance Together (Till Morning)" from Quirky Vintage. ( I first heard it in a Huggies diaper commercial)

Paul Whiteman's "Happy Feet" from 1929

Jack Hylton & His Orchestra " You're The Cream In My Coffee" from 1928

Ted Weems & His Orchestra "My Baby Just Cares For Me" from 1930

1 comment:

  1. Great soundtrack. You'll find your other half before you know it. Someone to do all those things with. Sometimes you gotta get out there and look content to be alone to find the man of your dreams. Get out there and get noticed.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts For Me To Read!