Monday, February 27, 2012

Focus On Fashion



Pictured here for my school's Fashion Show Program December 2011

I thought I'd point out something that I noticed about my blog and my blogging habits.  I love fashion, I adore it, I always have! I study fashion and I worked in fashion, in fact I mainly base my whole life around fashion! So it got me thinking, why don't I post enough about it?? 
I know a lot of vintage/retro related blogs/ bloggers out there only post about vintage fashion and style and like my heading says I'm not the "average" type of vintage girl! And believe me, my wardrobe (sadly) doesn't consist of all vintage clothing (although I wish it did, even at least half. But that's what you get when you're a curvier girl living in LA). I love new designs and designers, naturally I tend to gravitate to the more classic and retro silhouettes. Because that's what I love and not only that I also love the edgy side of things and the more creative things to, but they'll always have a slightly retro touch to them. So with that being said I'm going to post (well try to) collections and runway shows of upcoming and past seasons of current designers and design houses. 
Even though I'm soo anti trendy, when I think it comes to something like real fashion, and high fashion and haute couture that inspires everything that kind of trickles into department stores and such (which I'm so ehh about) I actually love to embrace it. Because you can turn something completely "new" and make it oh so retro and you!!  A perfect example of someone, well not just anyone but a complete style icon and my personal hero is Dita Von Teese. A lot of what she wears just walked the runway, yet she makes it her own. Now I can't afford anything that just walked the runway, but Dita and designers inspire me to create things and embrace the new mixed with the old. Because when you think about it everything has pretty much been done.
 So I just thought I'd throw that out there, plus check out these wonderful interviews with Dita. I can't help but compare myself to her ways! I love her and her style to death!! 
Amen to the almighty Dita!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts For Me To Read!