Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Los Angeles Air Raid of 1942



    • February 19th, It was my first time going to the Great Los Angeles Air Raid 0f 1942.  It's a great, fun historic reenactment of the LA air raid that occurred in '42 when an unidentified flying object was reported. No one knew if it was a Japanese war plane or an actual UFO? So to celebrate the historic Fort MacArthur in San Pedro, California holds a dance and WWII reenactment. I apologize for not posting this in my 'Upcoming Events', I've been distracted and yeah lazy too.  At the last minute I didn't even know if I was going to go, it was pouring buckets! Eventually we went and I'm glad I did, I met a new people made new friends, checked out guests wonderful outfits and had fun! Though it was so cold and rainy, hopefully next years will be bright, warm and sunny; which would make for much better photos too. Hopefully by next year my swing dancing skills would be better as well! I was stepping all over my friends toes, haha!

    • A lovely sunset

    Setting up camp


    Empty dance hall

    My friend Robs' awesome FDR pin

    Dancing

    A couple who dressed and danced wonderfully

    The air raid goes off!!

    Yours truly; Thank goodness I wore stockings!

    With my fabulous gal pals Ashley and Jessica. 

    Hello Sailor! These boys were soo entertaining! 

    Myself and my dashing  friend Ernie

    With the lovely Mary! We just met that night, and boy doesn't she looked fabulous! Her outfit and that matching fascinator and corsage were to die for!! All us gals were soo envious we wanted one! Her entire ensemble was made by her brother Mr. Tiny of Wacky Tacky . Amazing, what isn't to love?

    Lauren and Ashley dancing away

    My brother Angel, looking quite spiffy

    (All photos by. Angel Rivera)

    Here is an amazing video shot of a previous LA Air Raid a few years back. It's so fun! And I promise next time I'll be sure to let you know.

    -Victoria



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Leave Your Thoughts For Me To Read!