Sunday, December 26, 2010

Upcoming Events

Wednesday December 29, 2010
Rock Around the Rink at Pershing Square Presents:
Slim Jim Phantom
The drummer of the famous Neo Rockabilly band The Stray Cats, performs with his own ensemble in Downtown LA's Pershing Square for their Winter Concerts. The concerts are free to attend and open to the public, show time starts at 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Come check it out, you can also go ice skating too or just chill and check out the decorated park. I'm not really into The Stray Cats much, but it gives me the chance to go out for free take the bus or train and dance to some good Rockabilly music out in the heart of Downtown LA!
 A clip of Slim Jim for your viewing pleasure:
For more even info, click the link below:

Friday December 31, 2010
New Year's Eve Block Party at the OC Fair
 1980's Stage Hosted By Richard Blade
The Orange County Fair debuts the New Years Eve Block Party! An Event filled with Music and dancing with different stages each hosting different genres of music, gourmet food trucks, comedy, karaoke and a demolition derby. Of course you'll know where I'll be heading, the 1980's stage! I wouldn't normally travel this far though I have before, but with the 1980's stage of awesome performers hosted by legendary Kroq DJ Richard Blade, Oingo Boingo tribute band Dead Man's Party (Which I've never seen, but I heard they're good), My favorite Morrissey/ Smiths Tribute band Sweet and Tender Hooligans (I love them! You would think it could be the real Morrissey! I've been to their shows before and it gets crazy! They call the singer Jose Maldonado the "Mexican Morrissey", even Morrissey himself has performed calling out "We are the Sweet and Tender Hooligans". Awesome!) and of course the main reason why I'm going probably the only reason why I want to go. My favorite Depeche Mode Tribute band, what I considered the best, is having their last show ever with the original lineup! I couldn't believe this is happening but the members are moving on, however Blasphemous Rumours will continue with singer Andy, while Brent and Dave go onto create a new Depeche Mode tribute band. I'm upset, but anxious to see both new bands, but right now I just really really want to end the year with my favorite tribute band Blasphemous Rumours!  I guarantee you If you love Depeche Mode and you've never seen these guys it's a must! Their look, sound, visuals are so Depeche and their all over performance is extremely good! So why not see them for their last show. Now what better way too ring in the new year with Depeche Mode,Morrissey Richard Blade and 80's alternative! 

Here's video I've shot of Blasphemous Rumours at the OC Fair during the Summer of this year too a sold out crowd too over a thousand DM fans!
If you know the great Richard Blade thinks they're awesome you gotta see them!
The Sweet and Tender Hooligan's performing Morrissey's "You Have Killed Me".
Tickets are $35, event from 7:00 pm - 2:00 am For more info on the event and bands check them out below:
see you there ~ Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Leave it to the Orange County Fairgrounds to put on a great show, and complete with a demolition derby.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts For Me To Read!