Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cheap and Chic

My mom recently told me about this new thrift/ antique store in the neighborhood. So when I got out of school  the other day we went together to take a look. I ended up buying these:

My brand new, or like new stereo! Isn't it lovely and ohh so retro! I only payed $25 which I thought was a great deal. It has a AM/FM radio and a turntable. I needed a new record player, my 1970's/ early 1980's compact one was taking up a lot of space in my room and wasn't so easy to carry or pretty to look at.

I spotted this vintage hair comb and broach hidden in the display case. They're soo lovely. I don't know exactly what decade they're from, but you can tell those flowers were made by hand, and the colors are lovely! I purchased the both of them for only $3.

I also found just what I've been looking for! A straw boater hat with a black band and bow!! I wasn't even looking for it and voila! I can't wait to wear it! If it was the perfect one it would be slightly smaller, so I can perch it right at the top and tilt it over my forehead. But this is just as good and only $4!


I think this has become a new favorite place of mine, the shop is little and there isn't a lot of gems but I really like it. It's close to home and only about a five minute walk down the street. They had a couple of things I wanted, but had no room for like these:

I really wanted this teal colored antique mirror and vintage 1950's/ 1960's lime green (in practically new condition) separating sofas! If I had my own storage unit, I'd buy everything up and save it for when I finally have my own place, I wish!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found this very good, much needed, stress reducing  and life saving  Wolf Form dress form at a local furniture thrift store. I snagged it for only $200, and boy was that a deal considering the average price of a Wolf Form is over $600!! Also I needed it in a hurry at the time I was draping a dress and finishing at school was becoming hard. So now I finally have my own form and I brought that store some business! Because my friends got the remainder of the dress forms, haha!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, about 2 months ago I did this school interview/survey thingy and to compensate for my time they gifted me with a $40 dollar gift card for Amazon. This is what I bought:

"Everyday Fashions of The Forties As Pictured in the Sears Catalog" and "Mad Men The Illustrated World". I've been dying to get my hands on that 40's Sears Catalog book since I checked one out at the library a couple of years ago, now it's mine! It's filled with tons of amazing Black and White photographs of every type of clothing you can think of from the 40's for Men, Women and Children they even include accessories!


The Mad Men book I first spotted in a book store a while back and I thought it was the cutest and funniest thing ever! And being a fan of the show (even though I haven't seen every season or episode) I just had to have it! It has tips on how to dress, office etiquette, how to make a cocktail and what to do incase of a nuclear attack! Oh and awesome paper dolls! The images are really cute!

This section will sure come in handy for my 21st birthday! haha


-Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts For Me To Read!